How, Phool, a Flower waste recycling startup clocked $15 Million?
Alia Bhatt joined Phool as a brand ambassador. How? Read on …
Phool.co is an incense sticks startup — where incense is extracted from flower waste in the rivers. Incense sticks are burnt in temples and homes to spread good smell.
- Why should we learn about Phool?
- How Phool started?
- Founder vs Parents?
- Product management — 5C framework in Phool
- Why not sell on Amazon primarily
- Why not Influencer marketing
- How Alia Bhatt happened?
- How Pricing was setup ?
Why should we learn about Phool.co ?
- noble idea — reduces 11000 tonnes of flower waste in rivers per year
- fair trade — India’s 11th company that has fair trade certification (safe working conditions, sustainable livelihoods, drinking water and sanitation facilities for the employees etc)
- the founder and the company come from a Tier-2 city in India and made it big!
- employs 75+ women in its factory
- no chemicals used, essential oils used for perfume are natural !
How Phool started?
As opposed to other startups that start with addressing a customer pain point, Phool started with addressing a pollution issue.
Ankit Agarwal wanted to address the river pollution issue and on his friend’s suggestion — he landed on the idea of reducing pollution waste from rivers.
That’s how Phool started.